Call for Entries to the 8th Beijing International Art Biennale – British Special Exhibition 2019
Submit by : 8 January 2019
The 8th Beijing International Biennale Exhibition, China 2019 with the theme A colourful world and a shared future will be held from August 26th to September 23rd, 2019 at the National Art Museum of China, Beijing.
The Beijing International Art Biennale started in 2003. It is jointly sponsored by the China Federation of Literary and Art, the municipal Government of Beijing and the China Artists Association (CAA). It is an international academic exhibition with that has seen over 4,000 artists from more than 100 countries exhibited, and it attracts a huge audience each year. It has also become a key international exchange platform in fine arts, and it has witnessed consecutive successes in its seven sessions.
Requirements for Participating Artists and Works
A special section will feature British contemporary art with an international reputation. The primary art forms in this Special Exhibition will be painting and sculpture with a few video and installation works, and about 30 works will be exhibited.
Works for the British special exhibition are expected to be by influential artists and their representative works will be selected from those applying.
The minimum size of drawing/painting work should not be smaller than 1.2×1.2m (including frame) or larger than 3.0×3.0m (including frame).
The minimum size of a sculpture is 0.5 m3 (the summation of the size of length, the width and the height should not be smaller than 1.5m), and the maximum size is 2m3 (the summation of size of the length, the width and the height should not be bigger than 6m with the sculpture base included); the weight of a single work should not be over 150 kg, (with the sculpture base included) with all parts jointed firmly, and the whole item should be stable, non-fading and non-deforming.
If you have any special request, please contact us:
Applying to participate
1.All artists should submit jpegs of one or two works to the Curatorial Committee for selection and should complete and return the form at:
All the blanks on the form should be filled in. Except for the signature, all the contents in the form need to be filled in via computer and printed out. Registrations will not be accepted after the deadline
Participating artists need to attach one colour photo (jpeg) of themselves with their registration forms – no smaller than 1Mb for the requirements of printing.
2. The deadline for sending all required material is January 15th, 2019. Please send the signed forms, and colour images of the works, the sculpture should be documented with 3 photos from different perspectives).
3. The Curatorial Committee will select exhibits from the images of submitted works in March, 2019.
The results will be declared on the official website of British Special Exhibition of the Beijing Biennale after it has completed all due diligence for the approval of foreign affairs. Meanwhile, the Organising Committee will send official letters to the selected artists to clarify the duties, rights and obligations of both sides. Regrettably, only selected candidates will be contacted, and no correspondence can be entered into.
4. The Organising Committee reserves rights as follows: to freely exhibit the selected and invited works, taking photos of these works, making use of these photos free of charge, and making use of the artists’ information drawn from the registration forms on the website for international publicity of the exhibition and the publication of the catalogue.
5. All the timelines listed are indicative. The timeline itself will depend on the actual progress of the project. The Organising Committee will inform all the selected artists if there are any changes.
The Catalogue and Publicity Materials
1, The catalogue: 635mm×965mm, 1/16, in colour format. In addition to the information on all selected works, it will include brief introductions to the artists and short captions on the artworks. Each participating artist will be given two catalogues.
2. Exhibition Guide and Tips for the Artists
3. Colour Poster
4. Invitation Cards for the Opening Ceremony and the Symposium
1. A one-day international symposium with simultaneous interpretation in English will be held after the opening ceremony.
2. The Curatorial Committee members, exhibition participants, influential art critics, curators, and scholars, both home and abroad, will be invited.
3. The discussion will focus on the exhibition theme and the exact motif is to be decided. 4. Before July 1st, 2019, selected artists should send the symposium proposals with an the outline to the Organising Committee. The Organising Committee will select the
representatives and cover 4 days’ accommodations and food in Beijing only for selected foreign artists who participate in the symposium.
The British Special Exhibition organising committee of Beijing International Art Biennale is delighted to invite you to exhibit your artworks at British Special Exhibition in Beijing 2019.
Ms. Suzanna Mu – Chief Curator
Organising Committee of British Special Exhibition of BIAB
Tel: 07711 896 858
WeChat ID Wuduolondon